Tuesday, April 23, 2013

OWH Flower Power

I used 3 shades of purple with Derwent Watercolor Pencils and a colorless blender to color the rose.  I then used 3 shades of green and the blender to to the greenery.  I cut out around part of the rose, mounted it with a purple mat and attached this to a base card I had dry embossed. 
I did this after reading about "Flower Power" at OWH.


After I posted the above picture, I noticed I had mistakenlycolored one of the leaves as part of the flower.  I did another one and this time I colored ALL the leaves as leaves!  LOL

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful rosé, Pam! Roses are my favorite... Especially purple ones! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! gorgeous, and I love how you matted it and cut out part of the flower to flow off/extend beyond the mat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely rose card Pam! Sometimes those stamped images have tricky lines, I had one yesterday too, good thing we can stamp another and have a do over. Until you mentioned it I did not see that. Love your texture on the base. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Like Penny, I love how you cut out the rose and extended the image. Also love the base of the rose and the background having the same color, but different textures.

    ReplyDelete