Thursday, May 2, 2013

His/Her Card Class Day 4 Card 1


His/ Her Card Class Day 4 Card 1

Since I have neither a father nor a mother I made this card so it could be sent to a friend.  I used Word like Jennifer showed us in her video.  Makes it fun and easy to print out font.  It looks a lot better than the mailing labels I had been using (those showed somewhat).  I added my silver dots with a silver Sharpie and also added a foam poke-a-dot star on the inside.   I didn't have a star die so I traced  a star and cut them half out using a craft blade.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome take on Jennifer's Card! I love your stars and your Sentiment too! I also am really impressed with your hand cut stars!! Awesome!!

    PS: I also feel sad when groups make Mother's Day and Father's Day cards -- especially because so many of us have lost one or both of our parents. I will also be making a card for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. The sentiment is great. The hand cut stars don't look hand cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with the idea from Jennifer...I too don't have parents to make these cards for and it makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we can adapt these ideas to suit our own needs, I's sure any of your friends would be pleased to receive this lovely card. Your knife skills are amazing too! Cx

    ReplyDelete