Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Card Class 2 Week 2 Day 4

This is Mr. & Mrs. Santa by Whipper Snapper Designs Inc.

Summer Card Camp 2  Week 2  Day 4  Card 1

This is adapting a x'mas stamp to an everyday stamp.
I had some paper with the brown and green which looked like what happens with the alcohol inks.  I used that for the bkgd.  I stamped a sentiment and scored around that to help it look more finished and stand out.  I then colored and paper pieced the "couple" and added a hair décor and a flower.

I can see where this could be a lot of fun.  I think I'll add Glossy Accents to her glasses.  Then I'll be done this one.



25 comments:

  1. That is so funny. Does not really look like Santa anymore. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely! I saw it in the gallery and had to comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is just super! So clever and suitable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is this! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody is right -- what a great, clever idea! LOVE that couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Reminds me of my great-grandparents! :) Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulously creative! Love how you turned Santa and Mrs. Claus into two everyday old folks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER IDEA!!!!!!!!:) LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great...I had a Santa stamp I kept staring at, but couldn't figure out how to alter him. You've done it perfectly! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GENIUS!! I LOVE it. I wish I could think outside of the box like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Now I want this stamp! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS ON BEING FEATURED!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on the challenge. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! Such a Clever idea and I LOVE the background and your coloring!! THANKS for sharing and CONGRATS on being featured!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous take on the challenge! Love it. Congrats on being featured.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative! Love it and congrats on being featured in class :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful, great way to use a holiday stamp!! :)

    ReplyDelete