Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Patterned Papers Day 3 Card 2

 
Patterned Papers Day 3 Card 2

I used papers I have had for a long time, but never use because they are too big and bold for me.  This was a good opportunity for me to use some of them.  They are from K&Campany (an 8.5X8.5 pad).  I used black as a mat and cut out one of the birds to add to the outside of the vellum.  I black embossed the vellum with a flower and butterfly postage stamp.  I also used washi tape.  This is NOT one of my favorites.

One of the Pattern Play girls suggested I add a flower at the bottom to even things out and she is right.  I like this one much better.  Thank you for the suggestion!  :)
                 
                                                         

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love your paper choice with vellum! Fantastic embossing of a great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could balance out the lower part of the card with another cut-out (large flower, maybe?) from the patterned paper, or a stamped sentiment? I LIKE the effect of the vellum over the bold paper a LOT!

    ReplyDelete